Is your hair dry and leaking moisture? Does it look dull and have split ends. A banana hair mask will add plenty of moisture into your hair and bring shine to your dull locks.
I know that leaving bananas in your hair does not sound appeeling. (See what I did there?) Because of the Vitamin C and loads of antioxidants, bananas are good for your body and your hair.
How it Does the Magic
How to Make a Banana Hair Mask
You need to gather:
- 1 ripe/ overripe banana (2 if you have long hair)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 cup of full-fat milk (you can also use yogurt or coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon of butter (optional)
Pick a ripe or overripe banana(s), put it in a blender. An overripe banana is better for this recipe, but a ripe banana will do.
Then, add honey, coconut/ olive oil, and milk and blend really well. You don’t want any chunks, just smooth paste of creamy consistency. This will make it easier to rinse out.
When I did this recipe, I got these small chunks of banana in my hair. So, I had to go through the pain of combing through my hair to get the small bits out. Not very fun. I’d recommend making the banana past extremely smooth with little chunks as possible.
How to Apply
- Apply this mask starting at roots and working your way to the ends. Slather as much as you can, making sure you have covered every bit of your scalp and hair.
- Put on a shower cap or wrap a towel around your head to prevent dripping all over your house.
- Leave this on for about 30 minutes. While you wait for 30 minutes.. you can read a book, listen to some soothing music, watch your favourite show or sit in a bath.
- Then rinse hair thoroughly and shampoo as usual. You may not need to condition your hair (see how your hair feels).
- Let your hair air dry.
- And enjoy your beautiful hair
If you have any comments or questions, tell me in the comments below!